Bachelor of Arts in English, Writing | METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF DENVER
Minor in Western American History
Graduated August 2014
Related courses: Journalism I-III, Writing for Publication, Art and Craft of Writing
Reporter | LITTLETON INDEPENDENT
Englewood, CO 2016-Present
• Working as general assignment reporter for weekly newspaper, covering government, schools, cops and courts and human interest features.
• Specialize in deep-dive growth and development stories across Denver suburbs.
• Manage social media accounts and website layouts to maximize engagement.
Reporter | ALAMOSA VALLEY COURIER
Alamosa, CO 2015-2016
• Worked as general-assignment reporter for influential daily newspaper covering vast swath of south-central Colorado.
• Proofread and edit copy for accuracy and clarity according to AP Style.
• Covered beats including agriculture, outdoors, cops and courts, local government.
• Collaborated closely with editorial team to coordinate coverage and editorial stances.
Publisher | WOLF BOY MAGAZINE
Fort Collins, CO 2007-2012
• Founded, edited, and printed small-circulation art and literary magazine.
• Solicited material and communicated with contributors and donors to meet deadlines.
• Coordinated with local distributors and held issue release events.
Award Winner | SOCIETY FOR PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS
Denver, CO 2019
• Won first place investigative series and first place news series in Rocky Mountain region.
Award Winner | COLORADO PRESS ASSOCIATION
Denver, CO 2016, 2018, 2019
• Won numerous awards for writing and photography in various categories.
Guest Speaker | ENGLEWOOD HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Englewood, CO 2015, 2016
• Researched, drafted, and presented engaging multimedia presentations on forgotten stories from local history.
• Employed extensive investigative techniques to unearth source material previously unknown to local historians.
Historical Reenactor | LITTLETON MUSEUM
Littleton, CO 2014-2015
• Interacted with visitors at living history museum.
• Demonstrated blacksmithing techniques while providing narrative context.
• Assisted in feeding and care of livestock and maintenance of museum grounds.